We are huge fans of the TV series American Horror Story, here at TheNewhouseFamily HQ. It is very much an adult show, and not one for small people AT ALL. You would not be winning any Parent Of The Year awards if you let little Johnny sit on your lap for a dose of the gore and guts.
If you have never seen the show before, check it out on Netflix. An addictive, fast paced and honestly terrifying show that guarantees to have you on the edge of your seat throughout. For a handy lowdown on all of the show so far visit Flavormag, Dissecting the Horror for all the info you need. I am going to explain later in this post very carefully why every mum needs to sit down of an evening and binge watch the awesome show, because ladies…you will thank me.
For those of you who have seen the show, My Voucher Codes have created a pretty awesome infographic giving us a nice clear dissection of all 5 seasons so far and unravels the awesome web of events spun by creator Ryan Murphy, highlighting some extra little snippets of information that you may not have worked out for yourself, or extra little teasers from the show you may not have spotted (keep scrolling to read the rest of my post).
So mums, as a word of advice from me to you – watch the damn show. And there may be a few reasons why that might surprise you. So sit back, tune in and enjoy. It’s all rather exciting…
25 very good reasons why AHS is good for mums….
- After watching Peppa bloody Pig all day, once the kids are in bed you need some adult time. It’s a very adult show. No talking pigs are featured. Ok, that’s a lie.
- There’s swearing. Cbeebies doesn’t give you that.
- Nor does Cbeebies give you naked bottoms.
- Evan Peters… in (nearly) every single episode.
- There are a LOT of sex scenes.
- Fashion plays a huge part so if you are a wee fashionista, or looking for some ‘hot momma’ styles there is plenty of inspiration.
- The twins from Murder House are no where near as annoying as Topsy and Tim.
- You can (guilt-free) become obsessed with something adult, and step away from Mr Bloom for a while.
- This moustache:
- If your kid loves Babe (the Sheep Pig) your head will explode at the vile things Dr Arden does.
- You can re-descover your love for Lady Gaga.
- You can fall in love with Witches again, just like the good old days of Sabrina! But they are more badass, and murderous.
- These hands:
- It will make you want to run away and join the circus.
- Your 3 year old loves Elsa? You too can have your very own Elsa to sing along too.
- This outfit:
- You can learn all of the Lyrics to the “Name Game” and annoy that kid at the school gates called Lana. (I do this daily and it never grows old. I do think her parents hate me slightly now though)
- You will want to become BFF’s with Liz Taylor
- It’s one TV show you can watch where Justin ‘I’m-In-Everything’ Fletcher doesn’t appear.
- But the fit guy from Iconicles is in an episode. seriously.
- It will make you will want to wear black every Wednesday.
- This Monster:
- You get to watch your own List on Netfix, rather than your child’s.
- Oh and did I mention Evan Peters at all?
4 Ways To Make Your Wedding Party Extra Fun
Now, don’t get us wrong: the vast majority of weddings are fun. People are in ...read more
Who Remembers The Phone Book?
Do you ever wake up in the morning with a completely random thought in your ...read more
Questions I Ask Myself As A Parent
How many pushes did it take to get them all out (collectively)? How many pairs ...read more
WTF Facebook Adverts
Ahhh, Facebook. You'll casually be scrolling down; You BFF's kids, funny cat videos and the ...read more