At this time of year gardeners will sow a LOT of seeds. Its only the beginning of February, and I have already sown aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, peas, broad beans and lots of flower seeds. People are also making the decision to buy and use less plastic in our daily lives, due to the awful affects that plastic products are having on our planet. Many gardeners have chosen to use paper pots for years, as it saves picking out seedlings as you can just plant the whole paper plant pot into the ground. The paper rots away into the soil, leaving zero waste. Here is how I make my own paper pots. All you will need is an old newspaper and 1 toilet roll tube.
- Cut your newspaper down the seam.
- Fold in half lengthways.
- Roll the paper around the toilet roll tube, leaving 1-2cm of tube hanging out of the end.
- Fold the end of the paper, and tuck into the bottom of the tube.
- Slide the toilet roll tube out of the paper pot. And that’s it!
- Now make more, all for free! Play around with different sizes and thickness and see what works best for you and your seeds
Gift Ideas For A Home-Grower
If you know a home-grower and/or budding farmer then you might be wondering what to ...read more
RSPB Release New Song As British Birds Are Vanishing From Our Skies
Over 40 million birds have vanished from UK skies in just 50 years. Today The ...read more
The Plant Pyramid At Gardener's World Live - A modern wonder of the gardening world
The Plant Pyramid, supported by Peter Seabrook, returns to the Floral Marquee at BBC Gardeners’ ...read more
New Year, New Gardening Jobs- January
Where on Earth did 2018 go? I blinked, I sowed some seeds, I picked some ...read more