At this time of year gardeners will sow a LOT of seeds. Its only the beginning of February, and I have already sown aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, peas, broad beans and lots of flower seeds. People are also making the decision to buy and use less plastic in our daily lives, due to the awful affects that plastic products are having on our planet. Many gardeners have chosen to use paper pots for years, as it saves picking out seedlings as you can just plant the whole paper plant pot into the ground. The paper rots away into the soil, leaving zero waste. Here is how I make my own paper pots. All you will need is an old newspaper and 1 toilet roll tube.
- Cut your newspaper down the seam.
- Fold in half lengthways.
- Roll the paper around the toilet roll tube, leaving 1-2cm of tube hanging out of the end.
- Fold the end of the paper, and tuck into the bottom of the tube.
- Slide the toilet roll tube out of the paper pot. And that’s it!
- Now make more, all for free! Play around with different sizes and thickness and see what works best for you and your seeds
Sprucing Up Your Garden After Winter Fades Away
Spring cleaning is something we usually tend to keep inside the house, but after the ...read more
The Plant Pyramid At Gardener's World Live - A modern wonder of the gardening world
The Plant Pyramid, supported by Peter Seabrook, returns to the Floral Marquee at BBC Gardeners’ ...read more
3 Things To Do With A Garden Shed (Other Than Storing Rakes!)
Out of all the items of furniture, and assorted home and garden accessories you could ...read more
Grow Your Own Pimm's For Wimbledon
It's tennis season and Wimbledon 2018 is well underway! When I think of Wimbledon, I ...read more