In just 3 days the NEC in Birmingham hosts the largest baby and parenting event of the year, The Baby Show. It is an action packed weekend full of demonstrations, freebies, bargains galore and even a little celebrity spotting! We have been to nearly all of the shows over the last 5 years, and every show has been just as exciting as the first.
The Baby Show kicks off on Friday the 19th of May and closes on Sunday 21st of May. The last Baby Show at London’s Excel saw TheNewhouseFamily announce our 4th pregnancy during the show.
So, what’s on our to-do list for this weekend?
Shop for bargains-galore!
We know the gender but we are keeping it quiet for a little while longer. Luckily we have most things needed for baby from our 3 previous kids, but there are still a few items that need replacing. The Baby Show is the perfect place to grab those last few bits that you may need for your new arrival. There are a load of show-only offers that are not to be missed, and shall certainly save you a few extra quid too!
Keep your eyes peeled for these not-to-be-missed show offers:
- Gro Company- Mix n’ Match Newborn Bundle for £99, instead of RRP £170
- Funky Giraffe bibs- 7 bibs for just £10. Check out our love for Funky Giraffe here.
- Mumba Bras- Savings across the range, and even more savings on multiple buys!
- Baby Bond are offering gender scans at the show, for just £39! You will also receive a USB with stills from your scan. I had a private scan with Baby Bond in Bedford yesterday and you will find a full review on my blog very soon. A superb company who I can personally recommend!
- Haakaa UK breast pumps are raved about! I am a breastfeeding mum and I can call myself an expert in the field of pumping. Ive been lucky enough to trial a lot of pumps over the years, and while a Haakaa pump is not one that I have personally tried (yet!) I know of many, many, many ladies who all love the pump. No batteries, no plugs, no parts… it’s super simple and fool proof.
- Poddle Pod are offering 30% off of their Poddle Pod range for Baby Show visitors.
- Nuby have their Natural Touch breast pumps, sterilisers and bottles on offer at half price and their cups on 3 for £10. You can read my full review of the Nuby Natural Touch digital breast pump here. A well loved favourite of mine.
It’s not just offers that you can make the most of during the show!
- If you’re taking your baby with you, don’t waste space in your bag bringing nappies and wipes with you. Visit the Aldi Mamia Changing area where you shall be greeted with free nappies, wipes and nappy sacks for your convenience. The changing area is a beautiful safe and quiet space to change your baby in peace and quiet!
- Hungry? Refuel at the Tommee Tippee feeding area. Free organic Mamia by Aldi baby food, Tommee Tippee baby spoons and bibs for you to use. Use their bottle warmers, microwaves and perfect prep machines whenever you need them. Lots of highchairs and a spacious feeding area for the whole family. Just bring your packed lunch. 🙂
- If you’re a breastfeeding mum take advantage of the Tommee Tippee breastfeeding area, where you can find a calming atmosphere to rest your tired legs and baby can have a stress-free (and distraction free) feed, oh and free breast pads too!
- Chuck the kids in the crèche! Yup, there’s even a FREE crèche for older kids to enjoy. Packed with lots of toys and books, all sponsored by Campbell books. Enjoy some shopping, without the small ones taking your attention.
- Wondering what buggy to buy? Take some prams around a real test track! Stop by the MadeForMums Buggy Testing Track to try out a range of buggies on different surfaces and features. Grass, gravel, curbs will not go untested!
The Main Stage
- Your legs will get pretty achy from walking around all of those awesome stalls. Pick a seat at the Main Stage and sit back and enjoy the guest speakers, or the iCandy fashion show.
- The British Red Cross have a superb pop-up First Aid academy for all parents to make the most of. Learn some infant first aid, that could save your children’s lives. When you arrive at the show sign up for your FREE 30 minute baby first aid session. Learn some invaluable skills and advice for acting fast in an emergency. The wonderful tem from The British Red Cross will be showing parents how to deal with febrile seizures, burns and choking. Not something to be missed! The Baby Show is on this weekend (19-21st of May 2017) at the Birmingham NEC. Tickets are available online or at the Show ticket office on the day. Tickets are £14.45 online or £20 on the door. Kids under 14 go free. You can buy tickets online here.
Cant make the Birmingham show this weekend? Don’t worry! The Baby Show is also on 20-22 October 2017 at London’s Olympia or 2-4th March 2018 at the ExCel in London. There’s a date for everyone!
Visit Santa In His Grotto At Wyevale Garden Centers - Review
Today we took a very special trip to our local(ish) Wyevale Garden Center to meet ...read more
10 Things To Do In Hertfordshire
Hertfordshire is such a fabulous county. We are very lucky to live right on the ...read more
Sea Creatures Tour Opens It's Doors To The Public
On Saturday 4th of August the UK welcomes the Sea Creatures: Life Beneath The Oceans ...read more
Discover The Wild Outdoors In The Green City- It's the MK Festival Of Nature
I'm Milton Keynes born girl, and I LOVE nature. To see that Milton Keynes is ...read more