Christmas can be a stressful time for new mums especially when they’re learning the ropes when it comes to breastfeeding and having a house full can be tricky at the best of times.
Katie Hilton, Health Professional Associate at Lansinoh, qualified midwife and health visitor knows all too well the common fears and frustrations that come with planning for Christmas with newborns.Here, she offers her top tips to avoid unnecessary tears over the festive season:
1) Keep it as simple as possible and ask relatives to help, if possible suggest going to their house for Christmas Dinner so you can focus on your baby!
2. 2) Plan meals and festivities around baby’s sleep and feed times, do it on your terms and time everything around your baby’s routine. Put a copy of their routine on the fridge so all guests know what to expect on the day, whether at home or away!
3. 3) Give your baby a break. Whilst all babies love attention, too many new faces can make them irritable and over tired, they need their time too!
4. 4) Find a quiet place to retreat to for feeds, take some time out for just you and baby.
5. 5) If going away for Christmas, write a full packing list well in advance to ensure you don’t forget those little essentials.
6. 6) For guidance about latching on, Lasninoh’s visual guide and animation are available via the website 24/7 and are perfect for offering support and guidance when mums might otherwise feel alone.
Lansinoh aims to make breastfeeding as stress-free and enjoyable as possible by producing ergonomically designed products for mum.
Stock up on essentials:
Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags
The versatility of the Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags allows family and friends to share the feeding responsibilities and experiences – perfect when the relatives come to visit at Christmas!
Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags provide an easy and efficient solution to your storing needs, made of pre-sterilised food-safe polyethylene and with a double zipper seal to make storing milk simple and secure. They’re designed for both the freezer and fridge and come with a useful write on tab, allowing you to note both the date and volume of milk in each bag.
RRP £9.18 (50), £5.06 (25)
Adjustable products to suit individual preferences:
The new Lansinoh Affinity Pro Breast Pump has two phases; the let-down phase to initiate milk flow and the expression phase to maximise flow, along with three customisable pumping styles to allow mums to find the rhythm that works best for them.
The New Affinity Pro comes with ComfortFit™ breast cushions, which are soft and gentle on the breast, and can be used as both a double or single pump to suit mum’s preference. Light and portable, with a compact design and large lit LCD screen, the Affinity Pro is easily transportable and suitable to use under low light conditions.
Quiet, simple to use and hygienic, the Lansinoh Affinity Pro allows a mum to express more milk in less time, meaning a more flexible and effective way to ensure your baby is getting the nutrients they need.
Lansinoh products are available from Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, John Lewis, Mothercare, Mamas & Papas, Kiddicare and amazon.co.uk
Katie Hilton, Health Professional Associate at Lansinoh, qualified midwife and health visitor is available to interview upon request. For more information, images or samples please contact email@example.com/ 01903 836750
The 3 Best Breast Pumps For Home, Work and Occasional Use
Sometimes, owning just 1 breast pump isn't ideal. A superb electric machine may be fabulous ...read more
MAM Manual Breast Pump Review and Top Tips For Pumping
2 weeks ago I started my 4th breastfeeding journey. Luckily I am a very experienced ...read more
Nuby Natural Touch Digital Breast Pump Review
As a breastfeeding mum, I know I have to rely on a quality breast pump ...read more
Finding My Body's Essentials As A Vegan Breastfeeding Mother
I was nervous about starting my vegan challenge as a breastfeeding mum 30 days ago. ...read more